Notice: Undefined property: YtTemplate::$_tagPG in /home/gemsofafricasafa/public_html/plugins/system/yt/includes/site/lib/yt_template.php on line 245
4 STARS**** Aquila Private Game Reserve | BIG 5 | Malaria Free | Western Cape
* Rates exclude all beverages, telefax, laundry, mini bar, optional excursions on request.
* All Children welcome. Under age 4 no charge, 4-11 years 1/2 price & 12+ full rate.
* Itinerary & collection times are guidelines & subject to change to allow for seasonality.
* All rates quoted in ZAR (SA Rand) Vat inclusive and are quoted per person sharing.
2 & 3 DAY PACKAGES
- Stays of 2 nights may substitute a game drive for a horseback safari.
- A 3 night stay may substitute two game drives with a horseback and quad bike safari.
- 2 & 3 Night stays have free access to the Spa Facilities - Treatments are optional at an additional cost.
- All of the above are subject to availability.
HELICOPTER SAFARIS ARE OFFERED PLEASE CONTACT RESERVATIONS FOR A QUOTATION.
SWOP ONE OF THE GAME DRIVE BY INCLUDING – A Quad-bike Safari at R1 260pp (ZAR) or a Horseback Safari at R1 030pp (ZAR).
Quad bike Safari depart daily from 8h00, 10h00, 13h00 and 15h30 and Horseback Safari depart daily from 8h00, 10h00 and 13h00.
R1 440pp (ZAR) return transfer Cape Town/Aquila/Cape Town - Add this rate onto chosen overnight safari rate.
Please note that the scheduled transfers for overnight guests depart Cape Town between 9am and 10am and the return transfer leaves Aquila at 12h30.
* The rates do not apply to Fly in Option. * Pick-ups & drop-offs from all city centre accommodation establishments, for other pick up points contact Reservations. * Duration of transfer: approximately 2 ½ hours depending on pick-up and drop-off points.
*Private Transport, EXTRA cost of R4 005 (ZAR) for 10 seater vehicle - NB add on the per person rate to the R4 005 (ZAR) (10 seater rate).
The Aquila overnight safari doesn’t spare on spoiling our guests.
Welcome cocktails are served on arrival, either outside, around the pool, or in front of a log fire in the cigar bar. The overnight safari boasts an early morning safari as well as a late afternoon safari with an Aquila Game Reserve specialist and 3 meals.
Variety of accommodation options to suit every budget and taste.
- Standard Lodges
- Standard Luxury Cottages
- Premier Lodge Rooms
- Family Luxury Cottages
- Family Lodge Suites
- Premier Luxury Cottages
- Transfers or self-drive, arriving at Aquila at 12h00
- Welcome drink
- Buffet lunch
- Check-in 14h00
- Late afternoon 2-3hr game drive
- Buffet dinner
- Early morning 2-3hr game drive
- Buffet breakfast
- Check-out 10h00
- Welcome drink
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 2 x 2-3hr game drives
Optional extra activities
Pre-book to avoid disappointment
- Spa Treatments or access to the spa to enjoy the superb facilities (heated pools, steam room, sauna, mani & pedi, as well as various massages and treatments.)
- Quad Bike Safari
- Horse Back Safari
- Enquire about a fly-in safari
Complimentary extra activities
- Relax Poolside
- Browse the Curio shop
- Visit the Aquila labyrinth or play a game of giant chess
- Relax in the lounge bar
- Star Safaris - Each evening after dinner, weather conditions permitting, we invite you to join us at the Boma to view the stellar sights of the Karoo skies.
OVERVIEW OF AQUILA
Aquila Safari Lodge is a 4 star malaria free establishment in the Southern Karoo, a comfortable drive from Cape Town. Situated under 2 hours drive from the city it is the ultimate african safari getaway. The reserve is a 10,000 hectare conservancy and home to the big 5 legends of the wilderness - elephant, lion, buffalo, leopard and rhino.
Acclaimed for service excellence, renewable energy, social responsibility efforts and conservation programmes, Aquila is more than just an unforgettable wildlife experience, it is an experience in luxurious African hospitality, traditional culinary delights, service excellence and the restoration of pride to the indigenous people and the land.
Aquila Private Game Reserve boasts 2 restaurants, offering buffet-style meals. There is also a pool bar and cigar lounge available for drinks and snacks.
Aquila offers something for everyone, from daytrip safaris to overnight, from horseback safaris to quadbike, a spa facility, children’s entertainment area and lots more.
An indoor and outdoor children’s play area is available with a variety of activities aimed at toddlers to pre-teens. The outside area has a mini-golf course, a sandpit and a wooden playground to delight your little ones. Offering daily activities and a Junior Ranger program. The Children’s area is open from 8am to 9pm daily.
- Region: Western Cape / Cape Town
- Name of Package: Overnight At Aquila Private Game Reserve
- Nights / Days: 2 Days / 1 Night
- Route: Aquila Safari Lodge is a 4 star malaria free establishment in the Southern Karoo, a comfortable 2 hours drive from Cape Town.
- Areas Visited: Aquila Private Game Reserve
- Luxury or Budget: Luxury Accommodation
- Price: FROM R2 350 Per Person Sharing ZAR